The Hajime Restaurant in Bangkok is Thailand’s first Japanese robot restaurant, where all the serving waiters are robots.
Customers order their food on a touchscreen display and their robotic waiter will whizz into action. The friendly robots will also dance to entertain as they work and go out to collect empty dishes at the customers’ table.
The owner of the Hajime Japanese restaurant, Lapassarad Thanaphant, said she spent 30 million baht ($927,600) on the restaurant including the purchase of four robots from Japan.
Published on April 1, 2010 | Filed Under Travel
- Possible Next Big Thing in Food Service Technology: Dancing Samurai Robots | Techi.com
- Hungry? Let dancing samurai robots serve you | The Daily Tech Log
- Hajime Robot Restaurant | Robot Living
- Restaurante tailandÃ©s atendido por robots samurÃ¡is - Gizmodo ES - The gadgets weblog
- Dancing Samurai Robot Waiters Bring You Sushi, Dance Moves | CoolThings.com | Anything and Everything Cool
- 12 Most Teched-Out Restaurants - Multi-City Restaurant Buzz - Zagat
- La «geek food», une nouvelle mode culinaire #Geek #Food « Djobi Bloga
speak your mind