Coca-Cola Celebrates 125th Birthday In Style [Video]
Coca-Cola is celebrating it’s 125th birthday with a spectacular light show on it’s Atlanta HQ building.
The light show is being touted as the largest single building illumination in the world. The display features images from 125 years of Coca-Cola advertising.
Now this is pretty damn impressive.
Some facts and figures about the light show to get your head round:
• The entire Coca-Cola North Ave. tower in Atlanta—26 stories high and 402 feet (122.8 m) high—is canvassed in scrim.
• The projection covers an area 339 feet high and 157 feet wide per side of the building.
• The projection surface area from all four sides of the building totals more than 210,000 square feet, making it the world’s largest single building illumination.
• This display uses 45 projectors that are 20,000 lumens each, for a total of nearly 1 million lumens of light simultaneously projected onto the building.
• The overall projection resolution is more than 7,000 pixels wide (7040 x 3800).
• The visual design and projections were created and executed by Obscura Digital.
• The show features the iconic Coca-Cola contour bottle projected in 3-D across the 26 stories of the building.
• This display includes imagery from a library of 125 years of Coca-Cola advertising.
• On the additional show nights, programming variations and surprise architectural effect elements will be added.
• The show features photos posted by Coca-Cola Facebook fans from around the world.
• Throughout May, consumers who upload their favorite Coca-Cola photos to the Coca-Cola Facebook Fan Page could have their pictures included in the show.
—The carbon offset
• The carbon emissions from this event will be offset in support of Georgia’s Valley Wood Carbon Sequestration Project.
follow the SB Network on facebook